If you are unable to view this newsletter click here or go to http://aquasportscuba.com/Email/PumpkinCarving2009Email.html
The Great Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest
October 25, 2009
Two Jack Lake, Banff National Park
Start Time 10:00 a.m. - Judging at approximately 2:00pm
Tickets $5.00 each
Includes refreshments, munchies and lots of prizes!!
Tickets on sale now
THE GREAT PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST RULES
- You must supply your own pumpkin and carve it to win a prize.
- Pumpkins must be a minimum of 12 inches in diameter.
- Pumpkin can not be carved until you reach the tarp. (You can pre-draw your face or design)
- Pumpkin must be taken underwater in its entirety. (No punches, holes, knife cuts or soft/rotting pumpkins)
- All carving tools must be sheathed when not in use.
- All carved items (the guts) must be caught in some kind of bag and removed from the lake. (Sorry...no feeding the fish)
- Each team/individual will be required to sign in and certification will need to be verified prior to entering the water.
- Each team/individual must sign out once out of the water.
- You may wear whatever you like as there may be prizes for best costume.
- All contestants must use safe diving practices while competing and must carve to compete.
- Winners must be present with their pumpkin to claim their prizes.
- If by chance your pumpkin were to abort the dive prior to finishing or starting, you may retrieve your pumpkin and continue.
GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!!!
YOU MUST STATE YOUR CATEGORY
PRIOR TO ENTERING THE WATER
- Nicest -No time limit & will be judged by a panel of experts
- Largest -Will be measured by diameter
- Best Costume
Sign up and get your tickets at AquaSport!
Meet people, go places, do things UNDERWATER
Check out the Aqua Sport Scuba Center website: ( http://www.aquasportscuba.com )
- To continue your dive training: see the 2009 training calendar
- To view the current monthly specials: see the Interests, Specials page
- To keep up to date with events: see the Interests, Newsletter page
Click here to send an email to remove your address from the mailing list!
Aqua Sport Scuba Center
101 - 3411 20 St. SW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada