If you are unable to view this newsletter click here or go to http://aquasportscuba.com/Email/PumpkinCarvingEmail2010.html
Lots of you have said you were planning on coming out this weekend to carve a pumpkin underwater, but you haven't bought your $5 tickets yet!
We want to make sure we have enough goodies for everyone, so please drop by Aqua Sport to pick up your ticket before the end of the day on Saturday.
We will make sure we have enough food and hot chocolate for all those that are registered, so pick up your tickets ASAP!
The Great Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest
October 24, 2010
Two Jack Lake, Banff National Park
Start Time 10:00 a.m. - Judging at approximately 2:00pm
Tickets $5.00 each
Includes refreshments, munchies and lots of prizes!!
Tickets on Sale now at Aqua Sport
THE GREAT PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST RULES
- You must supply your own pumpkin and carve it to win a prize.
- Pumpkins must be a minimum of 12 inches in diameter.
- Pumpkin can not be carved until you reach the tarp. (You can pre-draw your face or design)
- Pumpkin must be taken underwater in its entirety. (No punches, holes, knife cuts or soft/rotting pumpkins)
- All carving tools must be sheathed when not in use.
- All carved items (the guts) must be caught in some kind of bag and removed from the lake. (Sorry...no feeding the fish)
- Each team/individual will be required to sign in and certification will need to be verified prior to entering the water.
- Each team/individual must sign out once out of the water.
- You may wear whatever you like as there may be prizes for best costume.
- All contestants must use safe diving practices while competing and must carve to compete.
- Winners must be present with their pumpkin to claim their prizes.
- If by chance your pumpkin were to abort the dive prior to finishing or starting, you may retrieve your pumpkin and continue.
GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!!!
YOU MUST STATE YOUR CATEGORY
PRIOR TO ENTERING THE WATER
- Nicest -No time limit (other than you have to be done by 2pm) & will be judged by a panel of experts
- Largest -Will be measured by diameter
- Best Costume
Sign up and get your tickets at AquaSport!
Last reminder for all of those needing to get their open water dives done. We will go to the end of October in Drysuits only.
Meet people, go places, do things UNDERWATER
Check out the Aqua Sport Scuba Center website: ( http://www.aquasportscuba.com )
- To continue your dive training: see the 2010 training calendar
- To view the current monthly specials: see the Interests, Specials page
- To keep up to date with events: see the Interests, Newsletter page
Click here to send an email to remove your address from the mailing list!
Aqua Sport Scuba Center
101 - 3411 20 St. SW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada